1.09.2012

College Goody Box

I recently began graduate school. I am currently married and enjoying life living near family. However, my brother and cousins live hours away and are very busy. I recall how nice it was to get goodies in the mail from them when I was a freshmen and even older. My aunt would stuff homemade cookies and snacks in a box. She would include a good book or a game to play during my breaks from studying. Maybe a Sudoku book or trivia game.
At Christmastime, I was blessed to spend a lot of time with these cousins who I miss while they are away at college. Upon their departure, I thought of how much fun it was to receive this repackages and how I haven't sent any in a while.
My cousin Emily and I put this box together for her sister so that when she needs a break from studying, she will have a cute craft to do or a funny game to play. She needs the breaks from studying and it's also really nice to be reminded that someone loves you, even if they may be far away.

We took an old box and hot glued fabric from the fabric store onto the top and bottom separately. (wrap them like a Christmas present and hot glue the fabric to the inside of the box) to create the cute pattern. We used ribbon for the stripe down the middle and made the cute flowers out of construction paper. (See the next post on how to make those.)
Inside are many fun things:
1. princess chapstick
2. gum
3. mints
4. crafts to make candle votives and candles
5. canvas apron and decorating materials
6. twine and buttons/beads to make bracelets
7. coloring book
8. valentines to send to her friends
9. paddle ball game
10. door knob hanging signs to decorate
11. beads
12. googley eyes
13. puffy paint
14. magnet for the fridge
15. directions for specific crafts
16. a card that says "we love you!!"

I would encourage you to think of those whom you love that are far away and think of some things that you know they like or enjoy that would bring a smile to their face or remind them of your love. It does not have to be this extravagant but is meaningful when it comes from the heart. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment